Let’s define a happy new year or let’s go so far as to say, let’s redefine happiness in this new year. New beginnings are a blessing to be sure. You get to start over and do things a new and better way. You get to start working on a better you.
This leads me to the point of happiness. You can never have too much of it. I have never, ever heard anyone complain that they were just waaaay too happy and needed to do something about it. So in lieu of that fact, I absolutely had to list the points below:
- Accept that deep down we all need the same thing – love. The people who frustrate us need the same thing that the rest of us need.
- Give our best to the world.
- Forget about being perfect.
- Work on letting go of grudges. Everybody has weaknesses and do/say dumb things. When you don’t let go, you are really destroying your own happiness.
- Accept your past.
- Hey, don’t pressure yourself to be happy either. Into everyone’s life some sadness will fall – or something like that. But if you’re not sad about something legitimate, give yourself permission to be happy.