This month many people are focusing on physical fitness and/or getting more active as May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. Even though it’s an ongoing thing for me, I’m geeked up too.
So I’ve decided my motto is Fine by 50! ‘Cause, ‘cause, um, ‘cause I’m one of those people who thinks if it didn’t get on you overnight, it won’t slide off you that way either. Since last year I’ve lost 8 lbs. Yay me! So I need 35 lbs. more to land where I want to be.
I’m not an athletic person but I’ve always been active – dancing, walking, biking, and such. Basically, I believe in doing what you like, but more of it on a regular basis. So here is my regimen:
- Tues and Thurs – walk 30 min at work on my breaks. I have a co-worker that acts as my workout buddy and I hers.
- I cut my yard (front and back) one week and my mom’s (front only) the next, in hours that can translate from one hour to three hours of work.
- I walk the 5 blocks to and fro from work every day.
- I drink 6 cups of water a day.
- I’m a stickler for getting all my fruits and veggies in as well as seriously cutting back on sugary goodies.
This is my plan, guys. Yours may be different. One word of advice: make your goals realistic; know yourself and your limitations.
Who’s with me??